SET4LIFE Australia was established in April, 2015. We are a not-for-profit registered charity based in Gympie, Queensland. We are dedicated to supporting sustainable development through education in remote and disadvantaged communities.
Our work is wholly carried out through the voluntary efforts of our members and supporters.
Our mission is to help overcome poverty, disadvantage and inequality through education and life-long learning.
Our goal is to facilitate access to education and services that can ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
We have a personal connection with Yiben and the local co-ordinator, Minkailu Bantama (Mallam). We work directly with local decision-makers to prioritize the many needs and ways we can respond on a project-by-project basis.
We promote community participation and ownership of the projects we support.
Our projects and costs are managed by Mallam and he ensures accountability for the use of all funds.
Our operations are informed by goals 1-7 of the 17 newly developed UN Sustainable Development Goals
1) End poverty in all its forms everywhere
2) End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture
3) Ensure healthy lives and promote wellbeing for all at all ages
4) Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
5) Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
6) Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
7) Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
Our goal is that, in playing our small part in the global development scheme, we can help to achieve a lasting impact on the lives and opportunities of the people in the communities we serve.